The Parish of St John the Evangelist Wynberg, is an Anglican Parish in Association with the Diocese of Cape Town and as such seeks to play its part in the life and witness of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa. It was constituted by an Act of Parliament in the Cape Legislative Council – “The Wynberg English Church Ordinance of 1891 – St John’s Act”, 11 August 1891.
Beginning with St John’s Church, the Parish has grown to six churches that are bound together both legally and operationally by a common heritage and ethos. Held in the love of Christ, we are a family of Anglican, Evangelical, Charismatic churches, with a shared history and identity.
We are committed to be part of God’s mission in the world and allowing our fellowship and partnership in the Gospel to enrich and strengthen us. By the power of the Holy Spirit, using the gifts, resources and opportunities God has given each church, we seek to grow maturing disciples of Jesus who will have a prophetic impact on their communities that transforms the world.